Shrimp Scampi and Sausage Thin Crust Pizza
- 2 ak-mak cracker bread rounds
- tomato sauce
- fresh mozzarella
- precooked sausage
- fresh basil
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 1 stick butter
- garlic salt
- onion powder
- white wine
- 1 lemon
- parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a thin layer of tomato sauce on Ak-Mak crackers, grated mozzarella, and a small amount of crumbled sausage. After rubbing a little olive oil on the cracker edges to prevent burning, place into the oven. Note: This step should be done at the same time you cook the shrimp.
Melt 1 stick of butter in a skillet (or less if you prefer). Add garlic salt and onion powder. Cook shrimp quickly and remove from pan. With remaining butter, add a splash of white wine, the juice of 1 lemon along with parmesan cheese to taste. Reduce for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add shrimp back into pan and add more wine; reduce again.
When pizza is cooked in approximately 7-10 minutes, remove, add hot shrimp with juices and fresh basil.
- Country Style or Round Cracker Bread
- Cheddar Cheese – shredded
- Habanero cheese – shredded (optional)
- Whole Black Beans (rinsed)
- Chorizo or Bacon (cooked)
- Tapatio (optional)
Directions: Brush cracker bread with olive oil. Mix shredded cheese with cilantro and spread onto cracker bread and top with meat and black beans. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Top with fried egg, avocado, and tapatio.
Garlic Arugula Pizza
- Round Ak-Mak Cracker
- Olive Oil
- Goat Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fontina Cheese
- Kosher Salt
Directions: Carefully heat up 4 tbs of olive oil together with the chopped garlic and thyme. Once well-infused, pull the oil off of the heat.
**Depending on how many pizzas you want to make, will determine how much olive oil to use…** Spread the oil over the round ak-mak cracker as you normally would a tomato sauce. Then sprinkle the crumbled cheeses over the pizza (amount of cheese to your liking). Keep an eye on the pizza as it “cooks” in the 450 degree oven. Should not take more than 10 minutes. Cracker will be browned a bit and the cheeses melted.
When the pizza is in the oven, make the vinaigrette: Lemon juice, olive oil,thyme, kosher salt, and pepper. Mix well. When pizza is ready, sprinkle the arugula on top of the pizza as well as the vinaigrette – and enjoy!
Garlic Chicken Pizza
- Country Style White Flour or Whole Wheat
- No need to wet, leave dry.
- Spread any pizza sauce evenly on cracker bread.
- Top with shredded pepper jack, mild cheddar cheese, grilled chicken pieces, fresh garlic and artichoke hearts.
- Cook at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Ovens vary.
Quick Spicy Pizza
- Country Style White Flour
- No need to wet, leave dry. Spread on an Arrabbiata or spicy pasta sauce. Not too thick!
- Next top with shredded Mozzarella cheese, roasted and peeled red, green and yellow peppers.
- Then, place on top (sliced thin) Pepperoni and Salami (preferable from an Italian Deli Market)
- Preheat Broiler.
- Place under broiler on medium rack. Broil approximately 5 minutes, depending on oven.